In disguize

In disguize

Friday, October 14, 2011

Since my last post...

In the past week, I have learned how to do more park ranger stuff.  I have cleaned bathrooms & campsites, painted, trimmed weeds, used a drill, hammered down nails, checked for loose boards, got rid of cobwebs, organized stuff, took down strings of lights, talked with the Chamber of Commerce, presented interpretive programs, attached new beach flags to poles, dug up a turtle nest,  helped pressure wash sidewalks and walls, and put skirting on a house.  Lynda, I am sure I have left off some other jobs we did.  Yet, despite all the long hours and getting very, very dirty, l laughed alot and had loads of fun.  Sorry I have no pix or videos of all these things...we were a tad busy.

I do have some pix of just how beautiful it is here in October...

 awesome sunsets

sanderling at sunset


sunrise on the gulf


juvenile Herring gull on its way south for the winter


crystal clear turquoise water to relax and enjoy!

Stay tuned for more posts...they are coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment